Author Topic: Quark and Forestry got drunk and punched each other silly.  (Read 168 times)

Ndagger

• Admin of Doom. And cake.
  • Administrator
  • Rep: +19/-6
    • View Profile
Quark and Forestry got drunk and punched each other silly.
« on: April 05, 2017, 10:57:53 PM »
Okay, now that I got your attention with the title...

We're experiencing what to me appears to be a limited sort of map corruption.  Both Quark and Forestry have corrupted blockIDs, which means if you find a Forestry house or a place made out of Quark worldspawned blocks you are going to see some weird shit.  Like, not "haha thats funny that looks weird" weird, but "oh my god who smoked what when they came up with this abomination?" weird.

So far, it's only these two mods that are affected.  It's not widescale enough that it's forcing a map reset, so I'm going to hold off on it as long as possible.  If you built your base using any Forestry or Quark blocks, expect extreme weirdness.  If you had beehives near your place, they are most likely now Forestry greenhouse climate controller blocks that still somehow magically spit out bees but are completely unbreakable by any tool of man or gods (seriously, I can't even destroy them in creative mode, which has me more concerned than anything else).

If it gets any worse or any of our "core" mods are affected, this might force my hand on a reset.  Cross your fingers, I don't want to do one yet either.

Molotov1990

• Rep: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Quark and Forestry got drunk and punched each other silly.
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2017, 12:16:15 PM »
well all my stuff was in dark oak chests  :'(

Ndagger

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2017, 10:09:36 PM »
Yeah, you're fucked.

Hop on the Teamspeak or catch me in game and I will reimburse anything you lost.

Molotov1990

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2017, 11:20:10 AM »
man i don't even know what all i fucking had, and right now work is running me ragged. once i can get a day off i'll get on and see if i can figure out what's what.

also you should really consider making a discord server for gults, i don't much use teamspeak anymore

Ndagger

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2017, 04:44:27 PM »
If we don't catch each other on Gults, PM me on here with a list of the stuff you can confirm you lost and the coords of your base and I'll leave you a care package.

As far as a Discord, I've considered it, but the last time I tried seriously using Discord for anything, there were a few glitches here and there, and having both a Teamspeak and a Discord would cause a division of the community, I think.  Half the people on one voice service, the other half on the other...lol.  But maybe, who knows.

stevendiaz

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2017, 11:50:59 AM »
I don't know why but one of my pulverizers turned into a forestry block slab..

Ndagger

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2017, 11:00:26 PM »
A pulverizer did?  From Thermal Expansion?

Shitfuck.

stevendiaz

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2017, 12:50:58 PM »
yup....